Sunday, January 26, 2014

2014 Ride to Conquer Cancer


Hi all! I hope you have been enjoying the posts of some of my favorite pictures from past and current photography sessions.

I'd love for you to read today's post, which is a little different, but very much related to my photography. This post is about my father, a two-time cancer survivor, who is making efforts to support cancer research in America. Attached in this post is a link to visit his page where he tells his story, shares his mission to give back,  and encourages others to share their own stories of  battles with cancer.

All my life, I have never known my dad to be without a MINIMUM of two cameras at all times; dSLR, video camera, point and shoot, smartphone, etc. If there is a gene for photography, I sure did inherit it from him! As my photography hobby developed, our dueling cameras became a source of amusement for our family. (Toss my grandfather-his father-in the mix and there were at least 6 cameras on the event at all times!)  For several years, he would say "Man, I am not in any pictures." So, in recent years, I have made it a point to take his picture any chance I can. (Hence the above collage!) Note: Thanks to smartphone technology, he is now able to capture “selfie's” on a regular basis!

Cancer is a disease that does not discriminate. It affects children and adults, men and women; it affects all races, all classes, and all religions. Chances are that all of our families have been affected by cancer in one way or another. In the United States, giant leaps in cancer research changed my father’s 3 year life-expectancy to FULL REMISSION 10 years later.

I am so thankful that my father is healthy enough to participate in the 2014 Ride to Conquer Cancer to raise funds for cancer research in America. If you are interested in donating to cancer research and supporting my dad's team, please visit the links below. He needs to raise $2500.00 to participate in this wonderful bike journey of 150 miles!!

Thank you for reading this post, and feel free to share his story. Thank you to all those who have supported him along the way and have donated to this great cause!

Read his story and find the link to donate below. Any little bit helps! Thank you!!

http://dc14.ridetovictory.org/site/TR/Events/2014WashingtonDC?px=1183243&pg=personal&fr_id=1070

Please visit his page and support his team Team Wet Sprockets - Ride to Conquer Cancer. (https://www.facebook.com/teamwetsprockets)


14_JH_SocialMedia_banner_468x60

No comments:

Post a Comment